Thursday, December 4, 2008

Rural Kerala



Although we are staying with host families in the city of Trivandrum this week, we did venture into the nearby rural areas to meet various Rotarians.




One of the areas we visited is called Parasalla.  Many people in this village have limited access to water, electricity, and sewage systems.  

Above left, you can see a weaver.  They work 12 hours a day weaving cloth to make clothing.

Above right, a Hindu temple.  Hindus have 33,000 gods.

Left, the village well in the rural village we visited.

13 comments:

  1. what is the main god the hidus worship?
    -Steven L. Period 3

    P.S. bring me something cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, ^__^ this is benjamin! i hope that ur doing good in India! ill post more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 33 thousand gods, wow!! so does that mean that there are many different tribes or everyone does everone worship 33 thousand gods?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ms.MacPherson,
    How's India been so far? Have you visited the Taj Mahal yet? We all miss you here at Gunston. I'm also really sorry about your grandfather. Come back soon!
    -Anufa

    ReplyDelete
  5. was up Ms.Macpherson haveing fun i sorry that your grandpa pass away. i how you i fun miss you hope i see you soon be safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you arrive in India when the hostage situation was over?

    -Sib

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I hope you are enjoying your stay in India. Also, I'm sorry about your grandfather's passing, and I'll keep you in my prayers.
    -Gregory Brown (using Sib's account)

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear Ms.Macpherson i hope your haveing fun i sorry to hear about your grandpa from Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is your stay in india?
    I hope its good.
    Sorry about your grandfather I hope your
    feeling better.
    I hope you will talk to the class soon
    -GABE.W. ((using sibkatuls account))

    ReplyDelete